Saturday, June 20, 2009

Alexis Grace

When I found out that I was pregant I was sooo excited but terrified at the sametime...how was ever going to tell David? We knew it could happen at any moment!! I went to the doctor on a wedensday and they told me that my blood pressure was really high and told me to watch it so friday came and I was feelings ok just hot and my ears and cheeks were really warm. My dad told me thats a sign of high blood pressure so I went to my grandma's house and checked my BP there and it was 112/147 I called my doctor right away and she told me to go to the hospital to see if the baby was doing ok. My grandparents and Aunt Nancy took me to the hospital. I got into a gown and was doing ok. Once David arrived at the hospital I was feeling a lil better, I was kinda scared eventhough my grandma and Aunt was there. The doctor called and told me that it would be best to to induce labor because I had pre eclampsia, due to high BP. I was sooo scared and all I did was cry. I still had a whole month to prepare myself for labor and delivery. I was put into another room and thats when the FUN began. I was put on this medication to monitor my BP and it was soooo horrible all I did was lay there looking like I was dead. I didnt feel good at all. They did everything that they could to start labor nothing I didnt even get to 3 CM!! The doctors came in and said that I was bleeding very heavily. She would check back in an hour and check to see if anythng changes. Well an hour went by and nothing changed. The doctor told me I had to go in for an emergency C- Section. I was scared once again. David got all dressed up in scrubs and was ready for the delivery for our Daughter. I was wheeled into the OR and waiting for David......time went by and they were washing my belly with that antiseptic stuff and taking MORE blood my arm so bruised already. I was moving my toes and legs and my epidurl went out so I had to be out ALL the WAY UNDER!!! Scary! So next thing I knew I was sleeping and woke up asking for my grandma, then David then the baby. I was wheeled back into my room to sleep. Alexis Grace Fulton was born October 4,2008 4lbs 1oz 17 3/4 in. She was rushed to the NICU. She was doing great didnt need oxygen. I saw pics of my Daughter for the first time and she was the most precious gift that David has ever given me. I didnt get to see Alexis for 3 days. I was still under ALOT of medication for my high BP and my surgery. David went to every feeding and visited Alexis. I got off the magnesium for high BP and got into a wheelchair and David pushed me to see my Daughter for the first time. I was suuuuuper scared to see her or even touch her. She was soo tiny and skin was so smooth.
My hand was shaking alot!! The week went by and she was gaining wight eating good but some test showed that something was wrong. When I got pregant some how my blood and her blood crossed in the placenta and her blood could not fight off the antibodies. So she needed a bllod transfuion. She got it and was doing really GOOD!!! She was under the billi lights for alongtime and then she got off of them and that was a good sign. She would be able to come home soon. Alexis was in the hospital for 2 1/2 weeks. It was horrible to leave her in there all by herself. But the staff and nurses were great!!! Alexis got to come home and I was soo excited!! yay!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment